Welcome back to the Friday 5!
This week we’ve been working on and finishing up multiple home improvement projects. It has felt great to finally check a few projects off of my to-do list. Whenever I finish a project, even a small one like a furniture update (spoilers!), I get fired up and excited to work on even more projects. Thankfully, I have a very handy husband who is willing to help me with all my DIY project ideas! Ben has a go-to set of tools that he ends up reaching for during almost every project we work on. For today’s Friday 5, I’m sharing 5 of Ben’s must have home improvement tools.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
- This drill is our most used tool and is so handy for many different projects. We like DeWalt drills because the “chuck” has a ratcheting mechanism that makes it easier to tighten drill bits. This one comes with two batteries and a charger.
- Ben just got this new handheld razor saw and has already found so many uses for it. This saw is unique because it cuts on the pull instead of the push and it’s very sharp! He uses it for ripping sheets of plywood and flush cutting trim and other boards. It’s a really handy saw to have around for DIY projects.
- I got this level for Ben for Christmas and he loves it! It’s magnetic so you can stick it to metal objects (like curtain rods). He really likes that it has a horizontal, vertical, and adjustable angle level bubble. This came in super handy for our board and batten project.
- This adjustable square is our second most used tool for projects. Ben loves it because the ruler can be extended all the way to one side which allows you to make 90 degree and 45 degree lines on boards. Also, you can use the sliding mechanism to evenly space measurements for projects. For example, we recently used it to make sure that both holes for a door handle were the same distance for the edge of the door.
- We have wanted a circular saw for a long time because they are so useful cutting large pieces of wood. When we found this saw from DeWalt, we loved that it was cordless and took the same batteries that we already had for the drill. Not having to buy different batteries saved us a lot of money!
I hope you enjoyed my Friday 5 for this week!
Have a great weekend!